Monday, February 6, 2012

The Night Circus

When was the last time you read a book that you just couldn't put down?  Could you tell me what it was? Because The Night Circus was not that book for me.

The premise sounded great - two magicians forced into a duel but wind up falling in love.  David Heyman, producer of the Harry Potter series, is rumored to have picked this up for a big screen adaptation.  The story is beautifully told - lots of imagery.  The story is intriguing in the beginning, but about halfway through, the story felt like it was wandering aimlessly.  And it just kept wandering.

I love to read and often finish a book in a couple of days.  It took much longer to get through this one, but I can't stop reading a book, no matter how boring it is or how much I don't like it.  I have to know how all the stories end...even the bad ones!

Now that I'm done with this book, I can get back to what I've been avoiding - a textbook called American Urban Politics in a Global Age.  I'll spare you the review...

No comments:

Post a Comment