Sunday, April 22, 2012

Holy Keebler Elves! (or How I Finally Found a Use for Pinterest)

Do you have any idea what's lurking in your pantry?  Or am I the only one who is a disorganized mess?

My pantry (and actually several other kitchen cabinets) is a complete mess.  Today I set out to start organizing it.  And in the process...FINALLY FIGURED OUT THE USEFULNESS OF PINTEREST!

You may have caught on by now that I don't have the foggiest clue how to do most domestic skills.  And I have little patience for reading instructions.  So NOW I get Pinterest!  One skill I am good at is killing time on the internet.  I did a little search on that creepy Pinterest site and voila - I found a whole lot of ideas for taming my pantry in pictures.  Perfect!

I got a few things from The Container Store, and still waiting on a few to arrive since they were on backorder.  Now I've started the sorting process.

Holy Keebler Elves!  Their factory has either moved into my pantry, or we really like crackers.  In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse, this household will survive possibly years on the amount of crackers found in my pantry today.  That, and soup...all varieties of soup.

I forgot to take pictures of the disaster area before I started anything, but you can still get the idea of what I mess I am.  If the finished project is suitable for sharing, I'll update a bit later.

In the meantime, am I the only one who is this big of a disaster or do some of you have surprises lurking in your pantry?

About 1/3 through sorting...

Soup, anyone?


We have crackers...to go with the soup of course.


4 comments:

  1. If there is one thing I actually like to do, it is organize the pantry! Once I finally got mine in a bit of better shape I started thinking of ways to make it even better. (Hint...once Scarlett is old enough to help herself to breakfast, make sure that breakfast stuff is within her easy little reach!)

    I do wish there were a paying job for professional internet surfer though. Maybe you could hire me to spend time on Pinterest putting stuff on your boards for you!

    Can't wait to see the finished pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like an organized pantry, but I am horribly distracted and lazy to get it done. I plan on putting all of Scarlett's 'stuff' within her reach. Although right now, she thinks everything is her 'stuff'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I organzied my pantry about a month or so ago, also with the help of pinterest...

    http://laniderrick-itsmylife.blogspot.com/2012/02/manic-monday-pantry-redo.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the container store ... husband forbids me to go there because of my love of organizing things!

    Glad you found a use for Pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete