Saturday, July 7, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

Once again I have been chastised for not blogging on a regular basis.

My dear friend (and you know who you are), I. Am. Busy!

I am struggling with how to fit it all in. Work, family, school, exercise and sweet, bless-ed but elusive sleep. The more I try to "balance" all of them, the more I find I don't do any of them very well.  I just feel busy...and tired...without feeling like I'm really accomplishing anything.

And then a few days ago, several of my Facebook friends posted a link to an op ed piece from NYTimes.com:  The 'Busy' Trap.

Now, I will admit that I have been a hypocrite.  I have inwardly rolled my eyes at a few individuals who have boasted about how they are "soooo busy" with things that I perceive that they have brought on themselves...some project, some activity, some travel, some thing they voluntarily signed up for and then lament brag about how busy they are.

Oh wait...that's me.  (Insert blush of shame here).

Now I've become that person that is "so busy" with all this stuff I signed up for.  And it's not like I can un-sign up for many of these things without some serious consequences (like work...sleep).  So the challenge now seems to be how to re-balance these things so that the time I spend on them is quality over quantity.

So once committed, how does one become un-busy?


No comments:

Post a Comment